Can you clarify which statement you are talking about?  Are you 
referring to closing black Sites, stopping torture or.. rendition?  I'm 
not sure what you mean.  He did claim to do these things, but he went 
back on nearly everyone of them.  Like now.... "extraordinary rendition" 
is simply ordinary rendition I guess because it STILL happens.  CIA 
black sites well.. if no one knows where they are - how do we know they 
closed 'em?  Well I can say for sure that most of the ghost detainees 
are STILL Ghosts.. so that's pretty telling, isn't it?  They're not in 
Guantanamo!  They are still in those in now non existent black sites... 
maybe they are brown now, what the hell....

I just watched the biggest joke I've ever seen in all of my 54 years on 
this cursed earth.  National Geographic Explorer: Inside Guantanamo.

I don't know how the producers ever managed to yank their noses out of 
the military's ass but they did at some point since it aired tonight.  
It is the most sickening piece of pro-military propaganda I have seen in 
wellll since just after 911!!

So I am off to send them a nastygram - please join me.  At that point I 
am over watching that channel forever. 

[email protected] wrote:
> This item, specifically, I have never seen wher Obama has said anything
> like this, and it was something I sreached for after he announced that he
> wanted GITMO shut down.
> shutting down the network of secret CIA prisons
>
>   
>> http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090420/theoharis/print?rel=nofollow
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> The Nation. <http://www.thenation.com/>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>   Guantánamo at Home
>>
>>
>>     *By* Jeanne Theoharis
>>     <http://www.thenation.com/directory/bios/jeanne_theoharis>
>>
>>
>> ZINA SAUNDERS
>>
>> ZINA SAUNDERS
>>
>> Two days after being sworn in as the forty-fourth president of the
>> United States, Barack Obama signed three executive orders, banning
>> torture, requiring the CIA to use the same methods as the military in
>> interrogating terror suspects, shutting down the network of secret CIA
>> prisons and shuttering the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, within a
>> year. "What the cynics fail to understand," the president proclaimed in
>> his inaugural address, "is that the ground has shifted beneath them."
>>
>> Jeanne Theoharis



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to