Thank you A.M.!  :-)  Even as a young (3 1/2 yrs) Muslim I think I 
understand it... I was also surprised to see this argument amongst 
Muslim brothers... I would not be surprised to have seen arguments on a 
non-Muslim site.. but I was surprised to see it here. 

A. Moussa wrote:
>
> /In fact not all who pretend to apply Shari'a understand it./
>
> /God is merciful and one of the qualifications His Almighty praised 
> Prophet Mohammad is his mercy. He even described Prophet Mohammad's 
> mission that it is "Mercy to all worlds"./
>
> /I do not know details of the incident you point to./
>
> /I can tell u a story happened in early days of Islam./
>
> /One of the companions of the Prophet used to be caught drunk and 
> consequently lashed. Another companion talked to him with pride, the 
> Prophet told him not to, and not be a helper of Satan against a Muslim 
> brother. A punished man is considered totally equal to any other and 
> should be no mention to his sin.   /
>
> /---------------- /
>
> /A.    /M.
>
> / /
>
> / /
>
> /Re: [AmeriConscience] Western punishment system /
>
> / /
>
> /In America we have far too many people imprisoned and imprisoned for 
> stupid laws such drug laws.  And there are beatings that go on in 
> prisons both by the system and other inmates.  American laws should be 
> changed and I have recommended to my representatives to change them. 
> Also there are some programs in prisons that have proven to be 
> effective.  Jail for many is the only opportunity to get a HS 
> education for example. /
>
> / /
>
> /But the fact remains that the beating of some poor girl in public for 
> some minor infraction is despicable. How can anyone approve of such 
> punishment?  It is as bad as GW sneering when he turned down some 
> woman's request for a pardon from the death penalty.  /
>
> / /
>
> /On Apr 4, 2009, at 11:37 PM, A. Moussa wrote:/
>
> /
>
> /
>
> */
> I do not know why all that false pride of the west concerning applying 
> Shari'a Laws./*
>
> */If they consider lashing brutal then it may not be to their 
> knowledge that beating up is a part and parcel of their imprisonment 
> system./** **(Beside other offenses)*
>
> */On the other hand prisons are serving as crime schools; the 
> percentage of return to crime is approaching very high levels, so the 
> effectiveness of the punishment system is in doubt./*
>
> */Prisons serve only that government crimes are done away of public 
> eyes like tortures of Abu-Gharib./*
>
> */-----------------/*
>
> */A. M.   /*
>
> / /
>
> /
>
> /
>
> / /
>
>
>
> 

-- 
Linda
*http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/>
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this,
and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd
here While these visions did appear..."
- William Shakespeare
*


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to