On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:24:39AM +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Suppose we have a mini meeting in June, what would our timeline be
> like after that in order to get something going in September?

Sorry, for pitching in late. I am behind my mails by a huge margin. :)
I did get the gist of the Python Day suggestion.

Last week, I met along with Noufal and Anand C, when we were
discussing how we can get started with PyCon idea.

-1 for Python Day.

* It will dilute things up. I wont personally be interested, doing a
  conference again after a mini-conference.

* But I understand the thought process, for all people get together to
  have a face-to-face meeting, a platform is required. What could be
  best done is, if we are meeting up a large user group meeting, if a
  person really cares enough, should travel. But it is difficult thing
  you see. Otherwise, we will have use IRC, mails as the follow up
  discussions and share the thoughts. To start with, I think that
  folks need to trust that all best interests are taken care.

I think IRC and mail will work out after we get going.. (We did start
it off) and I see that May 3 there is another meetup, I shall come.

+1 for PyCon in September.

* Start small, distribute work, get going.
* I think, we might be having this event in Bangalore this year.
* We will have decide upon a leader to take us to this event. ( It
  works best that way and How do we go about with it?)
* We had a earlier discussions on this previous,  so we will take the
  useful things out of those discussions and move forward.

Thanks,
Senthil