It is for collecting the binary data from the client system. wherein the
binary data is sent in tar.gz format. The exact task is to collect the data,
untar and do the processing.

Initially the program is written in the 32-bit linux pc. It is completely
working here. Today, i loaded the same program in the server pc (which is a
64-bit x86 pc), i end up with issue.

The crc check and md5 check are same in the both the p*c.*
*
*
*for 32-bit pc*:

tarfile.is_tarfile(tar)
comptype gz
func <bound method type.gzopen of <class 'tarfile.TarFile'>>
func1 <tarfile.TarFile object at 0xb7f02e2c>
True
>>> import binascii
>>> data = open(tar,'rb').read()
>>> binascii.crc32(data)
1270541744
>>> import hashlib
>>> m=hashlib.md5()
>>> m.update(data)
>>> m.hexdigest()
'2763563634899e9d1447731ed465f6a5'

*64-bit pc:*
*
*
>>>tarfile.is_tarfile(tar)
func <bound method type.gzopen of <class 'tarfile.TarFile'>>
func1 func <bound method type.taropen of <class 'tarfile.TarFile'>>
func1 func <bound method type.bz2open of <class 'tarfile.TarFile'>>
func1
False
>>> import binascii
>>> data = open(tar,'rb').read()