> I have a problem - whenever I load the code written by a particular team
> member indentation in many places vanishes. I have a feeling this has
> something to do with tabs and spaces - anyone faced this problem?

If a file has a mixture of tabs and spaces that can cause a lot of
problems. Some editors can visually indicate if tabs and spaces are
mixed in a file.

You can use the tabnanny module to detect such files.

$ python -m tabnanny <file> # for a single file
$ python -m tabnanny . # for all files in the current directory

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose