On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Venkatraman S <venka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use reportlab(along with svglib) to draw a svg string into a
> pdf, but so far have not been successful.
> I can share the code for the same; but was wondering if anyone has any
> other options for the same?

It was a fun hack in the morning : i wanted to export protovis charts as a
pdf.

Tried pycairo, but couldnt set it up right. Also, pisa wasnt working right.
Then tried with reportlab but of no avail. Then stumbled on svglib and made
it work on svgstring.
But something wasnt right, if i had multiple bars in a chart, the 0.5
version of svglib wasnt working right.
Had to break my head for sometime, but later stumbled on the latest version
of svglib, thats 0.6.3.
Things worked, but the scaling was screwed up. More looking around for
scaling/transform functions.
And finally it all worked seamlessly.

Will post this in github in a couple of days.

-V