Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> a) Choose Pyramid web-framework because the ORM works well the
>> existing database.
>>
>> b) Java project with heavy interaction with database.
>>
>> Which would you likely choose? My bet is a) because it is much easier
>> for a python programmer with django skills to do that than b).
>> Of course, you are free to invent your choices like c) quit and do
>> django elsewhere.
>>

> I know my limitations - a, if the client agrees or c. But I *have*
> turned away work where my skill set does not fit. (I would not touch
> java with a bargepole - if that is language fanaticism, so be it).

Maybe not code in the language but if something that already does what
your client wants exists in Java, would you stay away from it purely
because you don't like the language? (e.g. Solr for text indexing and
searching)

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Procrastination means never having to say you're sorry.