> Why don't we have a panel discussion about Python in schools at PyCon
> India? We can invite officials from education departments and discuss about
> how to effectively use Python and what support can be provided from the
> community. We can plan to write some books or create some material if
> required.  After the panel discussion, we can have a BoF or an open space
> discussing it in detail.

Yes all this is fine ,anyway afaik its on the mandate of erstwhile IPSS
anyway . So may be this is a good time and trigger to get this activity
started.

I think we have (or can raise) enough money to support travel
> and accommodation of couple of officials from government.

i was thinking the other way round , funding to the people who will help
them learn.

> What do you think?

-Satya
Satyaakam.net <http://satyaakam.net/> | fossevents.in | fossacademy.org