I have not used Slack, but here's an idea that I have. We could always
create a custom python module enabling us to have all the functionalities
mentioned by Krace. This will in itself become an Open Source contribution
as well as can be attributed to 10 years of Bangpypers(an open source
framework made for group communication).

I am not sure if one exists, but if it doesn't we can obviously start.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 9:09 PM, anu sree <anusree....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Slack is good, but I think we have to pay to keep chat history.
> On Aug 15, 2015 8:59 PM, "kracekumar ramaraju" <
> kracethekingma...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> >  BangPypers doesn't have any online channel to discuss. Most of the Open
> > source/Free software projects use IRC as tool for instant communication.
> >
> > Lately, lot of people have asked in meetup and at various places does one
> > exist one for BangPypers. Many organizations like Wordpress [1], gopher
> > [2], d3js [3] are using slack and indeed most people suggested the same.
> >
> > IRC is default tool for most the projects/organization, but slack has
> whole
> > lot of advantages like mobile app, multi account login, email
> notification
> > etc ... Also slack has bridge for IRC [4].
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >

> > [1]: https://make.wordpress.org/chat/
> > [2]: http://blog.gopheracademy.com/gophers-slack-community/
> > [3]: https://d3js.slack.com/
> > [4]:
> >

> https://slack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201727913-Connecting-to-Slack-over-IRC-and-XMPP
> >
> > --
> >
> > *Thanks & Regardskracekumar"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus
> > Torvaldshttp://kracekumar.com <http://kracekumar.com>*

Sayantan Bhattacharya