Everyone:

This series is the result simplification, bugfixing and adding
features to some of the code in BBU subsytem:

  - Patch 2 "filetype: Add code to detect i.MX image v1" is not really
    used anywhere in the series and is provided for the sake of
    completness. It should probably dropeed but I thought I'd include
    it just in case

  - Patches 1, 3 - 12 are a number of code simplifications intended to
    minimize amount of duplicated code as well as generic improvements
    (IMHO)

  - Patches 13 - 17 are i.MX8MQ and VF610 related changes

  - Patches 18 - 22 are a result of discovering that a number of error
    cases were silently ignored and not reported as update
    failures. Patch 20 is technically not related to BBU at all, but
    since I discovered the problem while working on this series, I
    kept it as a part of this series

This patchset was tested of following platforms:

  - i.MX51 ZII RDU1 (SPI-NOR and eMMC)
  - i.MX6Q ZII RDU2 (SPI-NOR and eMMC)
  - VF610 ZII Vybrid Dev Board Rev C. (SPI-NOR)
  - i.MX8MQ NXP EVK (eMMC)
  - i.MX8MQ ZII RDU3 (not supported by upstream Barebox)

Feedback is wellcome!

Thanks,
Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov (22):
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Remove unused define
  filetype: Add code to detect i.MX image v1
  filetype: Add code to detect i.MX image v2
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Move inner-image type check
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Drop IMX_INTERNAL_FLAG_NAND
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Consolidate vairous update helpers
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Simplify imx53_bbu_internal_nand_register_handler()
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Constify all 'devicefile' arguments
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Detect which platforms need v2 i.MX header
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Alias imx5*_bbu_internal_mmc_register_handler()
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Alias imx5*_bbu_internal_spi_i2c_register_handler()
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Move protect code into a separate routine
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Adjust FLASH_HEADER_OFFSET_MMC for i.MX8MQ
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Add support for SPI/I2C on VFxxx
  ARM: i.MX: zii-vf610-dev-rev-b/c: Add support for BBU on SPI-NOR
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Add support for MMC on i.MX8MQ
  ARM: nxp-imx8mq-evk: Add eMMC BBU configuration
  ARM: i.MX: bbu: Adjust error code check for pwrite()
  bbu: Remove logical negation in barebox_update_handler_exists()
  block: Do not ignore error in blk->ops->write()
  bbu: Report update failures explicitly
  bbu: command: Make sure specified update handler exists

 arch/arm/boards/nxp-imx8mq-evk/board.c |   3 +
 arch/arm/boards/zii-vf610-dev/board.c  |  19 ++
 arch/arm/dts/vf610-zii-dev-rev-b.dts   |  11 +
 arch/arm/mach-imx/imx-bbu-internal.c   | 339 ++++++++++++++-----------
 arch/arm/mach-imx/include/mach/bbu.h   |  60 +++--
 commands/barebox-update.c              |  15 +-
 common/bbu.c                           |  14 +-
 common/block.c                         |  17 +-
 common/filetype.c                      |  11 +
 include/filetype.h                     |   2 +

2.17.1