On 10/16/19 10:57 AM, Roland Hieber wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 04:57:45AM +0800, duhuanpeng wrote:
Hi,

I find it the barebox console's ctrl-u is not working like my
linux host.
for now, the barebox's ctrl-u discard the whole line. but the
linux consle just remove characters before cursor.
is the barebox ctrl-u follows any standard, if not, how about
make it just works like linux(ah, it is gnu readline) does.

FWIW, in bash on both my tty2 and urxvt, Ctrl-U clears the whole line.
But I don't know if there is a standard for this shortkey.

  - Roland

In some shells, like mksh, the default behaviour of ctrl-u is to kill the whole line. But then it's not called unix-line-discard, and I don't think mksh uses readline, either. The "standard" is probably just readline, though it makes me wonder where the "unix" came from…