Am Di., 10. Dez. 2019 um 17:18 Uhr schrieb Sascha Hauer
<s.ha...@pengutronix.de>:
[...]
> > > We could adjust RW_BUF_SIZE (used by copy_file as buffer size) to a full
> > > chunk size (16KiB). Does this give you back some lost performance?
> > No, changing RW_BUF_SIZE did not help.
>
> And I also see why :-/
>
> block_op_write() works around block sizes (512bytes), not around chunk
> sizes. This means we always read before we write. This could probably be
> optimized somehow, but this would only speed up the write case you
> described in your initial mail. It seems what you are more interested in
> is the read performance.
Well, I'm interested in both. Of course the read-performance is important
for booting. But the write-performance is important for production. It simply
matters if you have to wait for another 200 seconds for a device to
get programmed.

Regards
Hubert