Maik,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate and understand that the subscription
fees are used to fund Bareos development. That is absolutely fair.

However, this creates a problem for organizations that want to test the
software and feel confident that it will work in their particular environment.
With the current issue in 14.2.2, this is impossible. The community edition is
fundamentally broken due to this bug. Not being able to trust a restore is Bad.

It's incredibly difficult to pitch a larger install to a user/potential install
candidate when the caveat is "it currently sort-of-works and you can expect to
lose 64k of an arbitrary backup at any point with this version". Again, I
understand that funding development is a necessity. However, what happens to
the community binaries when there's a critical security bug in 14.2.2?

That said, what is the criteria for releasing new community binary builds?

Thanks again for your efforts and for considering the release of new 14.2.4+
community binary builds. Officially releasing them would no doubt be
appreciated.