On Saturday 05 September 2015 02.59:59 Ludwig BaLu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very happy about bareos. It is very nice to configure and awesome with
> usabillity. But there are some things, I couldn't understand.
>
> For my setup, I would like to backup all my machines. Every week a full
> backup and every day incremental. For this setup, my full backups should not
> be deleted for 1 month, but my incremental should be deleted after 1 week.
>
> Here are my configs
>
> #
> # Full Pool definition
> #
> Pool {
>   Name = Full
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes                       # Bareos can automatically recycle
> Volumes
>   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
>   Volume Retention = 1 month          # How long should the Full Backups be
> kept? (#06)
>   Label Format = "Full-"              # Volumes will be labeled
> "Full-<volume-id>"
> }
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Incremental
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes                       # Bareos can automatically recycle
> Volumes
>   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
>   Label Format = "Incremental-"       # Volumes will be labeled
> "Incremental-<volume-id>"
>   Volume Retention = 7 days          # How long should the Full Backups be
> kept? (#06)
>   #Maximum Volumes = 32                # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
>   #Maximum Volume Jobs = 10
>   #Volume Retention = 7d               # How long should the Incremental
> Backups be kept?  (#12)
>   #Maximum Volume Bytes = 1G           # Limit Volume size to something
> reasonable
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycle"
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=Full on 1st at 2:00                   # (#04)
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Incremental on 2-31 at 02:00            # (#10)
> }
>
> Now I have over 100 volumes in my folder. But in my process, there should be
> max 8 for full and 6 or 7 for incremental. Every volume is in state 'Used',
> but there should be 'pruned', shouldn it?
>
> What did I wrong in my configuration? Can anyone give me a hint for this?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Ludwig

If you want to run a full each week then a day should be inserted here
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=Full on 1st at 2:00                   # (#04)

Run = Level=Full Pool=Full on sun at 2:00                   # (#04)

Then every sunday at 2 (I would avoid the 2-3 range due to DST) a full is run.

As advise, I would always have at least 2 full backups, if for any reasons the
last run failed you still have one.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot