Hello Ruth,

You should specify "512 k" instead of "512 kb".

To try different blocksizes with your configuration you can use "btape test".
The full test will check if the wringint and re-reading of the last block works.

I would  suggest you try if the default blocksize works.(which is valid if you
do not specify a
blocksize at all).

Then, you can double the blocksize to see which blocksize still works and if it
gives you more speed.

For more info see:

http://www.bareos.org/en/Whitepapers/articles/Speed_Tuning_of_Tape_Drives.html

Best regards,

Philipp

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

 Philipp Storz                             philipp.st...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG                      Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
 http://www.bareos.com                     Fax:   +49 221 63 06 93-10

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
 J. Steffens, P. Storz, M. v. Wieringen