Diogo Vieira <d...@eurotux.com>
Software Engineer
Eurotux Informática, S.A. | www.eurotux.com

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Philipp Storz <philipp.st...@bareos.com> wrote:
Hello Dieogo,

Am 24.08.2017 um 13:30 schrieb Diogo Vieira:
 Hello,

Is it possible to backup a client using BareOS to a WORM (that is a Write Once Read Many) device? I tried and it seems to work but I would like to know if it's supported or it just happened to work.

Yes, it is supported.

I tried to lookup the documentation and found the File and FIFO Device Types which could fit this use case but it depends on the implementation (I couldn't find info on how backups are archived using File Device Types and if I understood correctly I would have to write my own handler to read
 the backups from the FIFO Device Type).

You do not need to do anything witht the FIFO device type.

My main concern is that BareOS needs to update some file (be it a backup archive or internal index/metadata I may not be aware of) which in this device can't be deleted nor modified (including
 having data appended).

Data once written is not altered anymore, so theere is no problem with WORM devices.

 Thank you in advance,

 --
 Diogo Vieira <d...@eurotux.com>
 Software Engineer
 Eurotux Informática, S.A. | www.eurotux.com

Best regards,

Philipp

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

 Philipp Storz                             philipp.st...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG                      Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
 http://www.bareos.com                     Fax:   +49 221 63 06 93-10

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
 J. Steffens, P. Storz

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bareos-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bareos-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.