On 13.11.2017 at 21:28 wrote JB:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using bareos for my private lab with windows and linux clients.
> It works fine and I really like this open source backup solution!
> Great!

Thank you very much.

> My lab / backup server is switched off most of the times. Is it
> possible to difine a time slot for each / all scheduled jobs? So,
> that the jobs are executed as soos as bareos is running - on a
> certain day?

Not as far as I know. The Bareos Director is intended to run all the
time. There are directives like
http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#directiveDirJobReschedule%20On%20Error
but I fear they do not work in this scenario.

What you can do is to boot your system, start the Bareos Director and
then trigger the relevant job externally. If you know Python, the tool
discussed in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bareos-users/t4Ko2RIRjEc offers
you a good starting point. In its current form, it triggers all specific
jobs for all connected client (see
http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#ClientInitiatedConnection)
that have now prior backups younger than 24 h.

regards,
Jörg

--
 Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
 Geschäftsführer:
 S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz