Hello Chris,

Am 19.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Chris Dos:
> I'm running nightly (18.1.3.1520460015.ae715e4f-1331.1) on three different
> debian server installations with a mixture of linux and windows clients and
> I've encountered some issues.

That is why the download folder is called experimental/nightly :)

> It seems that "TLS Require" used to default to no and it says that in the
> documentation but that does not seem to be the case any longer.  I had to add
> the "TLS Require = no" directive to my bareos-dir.conf in order for it to work
> again as before.

We have added now TLS-PSK, which does TLS based on the shared secrets already
known on both sides.

If you have current daemons on all sides, you will have TLS encryption without
any configuration
changes.

To work with older clients is to disable TLS PSK

by setting

TlsPsk Enable = no

OR

you should also update your clients.

> Older clients then the current Nightly no longer appear to work.  I'm seeing
> this as the error for any client older then nightly:
> Fatal error: File daemon at "172.28.202.118:9102" rejected Hello command
>

> The file daemon no longer see the mysql plugin from:
> https://github.com/bareos/bareos-contrib/tree/master/fd-plugins/mysql-python
> The error receive is:
> Fatal error: filed/fd_plugins.cc:849 Command plugin
> "python:module_path=/usr/lib/bareos/plugins:module_name=bareos-fd-mysql" not
> found.

Interesting.

> Windows clients running
> winbareos-18.1.3.1520460015.ae715e4f-postvista-64-bit-r222.3 seem to have an
> issue with the tray monitor.  Opening up the tray monitor gives me Microsoft
> Visual C++ Runtime Error:
> Program: C:\Program Files\Bareos\bareos-tray-monitor.exe
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Thanks for that information.

> Any ideas on how to solve the issues with the older clients working and the
> mysql plugins.  I'm having a few clients that are not backing up.
>
>       Chris

Thank you for testing the experimental code, but it is not recommended to run
the experimental
packages in a production environment.

best regards,

Philipp

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

 Philipp Storz                             philipp.st...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG                      Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
 http://www.bareos.com                     Fax:   +49 221 63 06 93-10

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
 J. Steffens, P. Storz