On 20.03.2018 at 10:41 wrote Mik Bakker:
> Hi Jörg,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to help me.
>
> I just redid the installation, as mentioned in the given tutorial. So I have
> a clean install.
>
> I checked both files and they to match, but here is the output:
>
> /etc/bareos/bconsole.conf:
>
> # Bareos User Agent (or Console) Configuration File
> #
>
> Director {
>   Name = bareos-dir
>   address = localhost
>   Password = "Zv50xay/lfq8dxVpxWcmOAqzwNrv0j0zJGyCcV39"
>   Description = "Bareos Console credentials for local Director"
> }
>

> And /etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/director/bareos-dir.conf:
>
> Director {                            # define myself
>   Name = bareos-dir
>   QueryFile = "/usr/lib/bareos/scripts/query.sql"
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
>   Password = "Zv50xay/lfq8dxVpxWcmOAqzwNrv0j0zJGyCcV39"         # Console
> password
>   Messages = Daemon
>   Auditing = yes
>
> So the passwords both match. So that's good I guess.

yes.

> I created an user with bconsole. This was mentioned in the tutorial.
>
> bconsole
> configure add console name=DirUserName password=RndPass001 profile=webui-admin
>
> After that I got a message that it created a resource config file:
>
> Created resource config file
> "/etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/console/DirUserName.conf":
> Console {
>   Name = DirUserName
>   Password = RndPass001
>   Profile = webui-admin
> }
>
> Then I logged out of bconsole and restarted all services to make sure.

That should not be required, but it also does not hurt.

> When I try to login on bareos-webui, with the created credentials, I get the
> "Sorry, can not authenticate. Wrong username and/or password." as described
> in my first post.

> Probably I am making a beginners mistake somewhere, but what I do find weird,
> is that in the mentioned tutorial the created user can simply login without
> any other actions.

This is correct.

> So I am doing something wrong, or the tutorial is incorrect or missing some
> step?

This seams to be correct, as long as the bareos-webui is installed on
the same system as the bareos-director, which seams to be the case.

You can verify settings, by running following commands in the bconsole:
show console
show profile

but normally there should be no need for it.

Additional you can try the same connection as used by the bareos-webui
by installing python-bareos.

Add a console at bconsole:

configure add console name=admin password=secret profile=webui-admin

Call bconsole.py from python.bareos with following arguments:

bconsole.py --debug --name=admin --password=secret 127.0.0.1

and check if it connects.

regards,
Jörg

--