On 21.09.2018 at 10:17 wrote karlis.mikels...@lf.lv:
> Hello,
>
> BareOS Reference Manual states that it is possible to list job files by
> running "list files job=<job-name>" command:
> http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#x1-19800015.4
>

> Unfortunately this command doesn't seem to work on BareOS 17.2.4:
> *list files job=backup-example
> jobid not found in db, access to job or client denied by ACL, or client
> not found in db
> *list files job="backup-example"
> jobid not found in db, access to job or client denied by ACL, or client
> not found in db
>
> I've verified that this job exists and backups are done properly,
> besides this command is working fine in case if I specify jobid instread
> of job name.
>
> Is this feature deprecated or should I report a bug?

There are two things here:

1. unfortunately, job has different meanings in Bareos.
   a. job name as the name of the job resource
   b. unique job name. This is typically the name of the job resource
plus a timestamp. It correspond 1 to 1 with the jobid.

The unique job name is mentioned in the first line of a backup joblog.
You can also see it by
llist jobs

Example:
           jobid: 218
             job: ganymed.2018-09-21_11.30.00_18
            name: ganymed

"job:" is the unique job name.

2. Even specifying the unique job name does not help, as this produces
the same error as described by you. I think this error has been
introduced with 17.2 and the improved ACL handling.

Want to do?
I don't know.
The options are to fix this problem or remove the support for unique job
names in the list commands alltogether, as at least I don't see the
advantage of using unique job names instead of jobids.

regards,
Jörg

--
 Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
 Geschäftsführer:
 S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz