On 09/21/18 06:20, d.carra...@i2tic.com wrote:
> Is there any compression method with Multithreading support?.
>
> I want to backup an SQL file of +300GB, and the problem is that GZIP and
> LZ4HC at least are single threaded.

You can hack it up by having a ClientRunBeforeJob script that uses pbzip2 (or
another tool) to compress the file before the backup.  You may want a
ClientRunAfterJob script that then deletes the file after the backup.

We do something kinda like this, and we built a specific backup job just for
the thing we needed to backup. So we have the general backup for that system
that then specifically ignores the directory, and then another job comes along
and does just that one directory.

Checkout the Catalog backup in the Bareos docs, it has a lot of the same
features.

I personally like that the Bareos FD only uses one core to do compression.
Yes, it is slower, but it controls the impact that backups have on systems.