One downside If I may say of non static introspection is that there has to be a
default record for every resource queried. I suppose that could be solved by
setting up a minimal dummy resource for each type. I don't know if that could
be tricky. For maximum safety the resources could have a boolean switch to
always keep them off if required, but that again would be too much to take into
account in workflows etc.

Thanks!