Hi Listers,

I am running Bareos (Director and FD) Version: 18.2.5. I have clients
behind a NAT gateway. It is not feasible to configure 1:1 NAT for all the
clients. A little research pointed me to a client initiated network
connection model. My config files for this model are:

1.Director's client resource

[root@bareos ~]# cat /etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/client/activeclient.conf
Client {
  Name = activeclient
  Address = ww.xx.yy.zz
  Password = xxxxxxx
  Connection From Director To Client = no
  Connection From Client To Director = yes
  Heartbeat Interval = 60
}
[root@bareos ~]#

2.FD's director resource

[root@backup ~]# cat /etc/bareos/bareos-fd.d/director/bareos-dir.conf
Director {
  Name = bareos-dir
  Address = zz.yy.xx.ww
  Password = "[md5]xxxxxxxxxx"
  Connection From Client To Director = yes
}
[root@backup ~]#

All the other director configs (schedule, fileset, jobdef, job, etc) are as
per the default model (where the Bareos Director connects to the clients).
The backup job fails with the following errors:
Fatal error: Failed to connect to client "activeclient".
Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.

This means the director is still initiating requests.
I have confirmed that the FD is running and respective Bareos ports allowed
on the firewall
Has anyone successfully implemented the active client model? Please assist

Thanks in advance.