Every way is safe as long as you prepare for it :-)

But seriously, you have two main options

1) Do a database dump and restore to a bigger server. (the "logical migration")

2) Stop the postgresql service, make a new filesystem on a bigger device, move the database files there and mount the device under /var/lib/postgresql. (the "physical migration").

I'm sure there are tons of howtos around the web since that's not bareos-specific topic.

Of course if you move your database to a different server you'll have to point the bareos director to the new server (update the config).

Best regards

MK