The tape drives would go into the library and there should be a SAS cable from
the library to the computer. This will show up as multiple SCSI devices, one
for each drive and one for the controller. It seems that most mainstream
libraries work with mtx as the SCSI commands are standard across the industry.
The ethernet port is only used for manual configuration outside of bareos. I
have a Dell PowerVault library and I use the network port to check on some
maintenance status from time to time, but otherwise it's unused.

Jon Schewe

Research Scientist

C: +1 612.263.2718

O: +1 952.545.5720