Hello,

on totally unrelated topic it's not *BareOS, *but simple Bareos. Had this
issues on some other apps and i can confirm that the issue was caused
because of SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL along with the wsa error_code 10054 which both
says that the connection has been terminated by the remote host - also, had
experience with old curl / certificates / javastores packages which could
be possible reason, just because of the deprecated or old or whatever
functions. Overall, i don't think this could be set as bug, just because
simple firewall, or NAT-ed VM/baremetal could cause this issue.

Strongly suggesting you to turn on some debugging and see what's exactly
makes the remote host to drop your connection.

~br