Hi,

I am running copy jobs to copy the daily backup jobs to a second tier storage.

Before I run the copy jobs I run verify jobs for the backup jobs, and that
works fine.

Now I would like to also run verify jobs for the finished copy jobs, but I run
into the following problem:

When selecting the copy jobs for verification I need to use the name of the
original backup job from which the copy has been taken, as the copy job
inherits the same name as the backup job.

However, even if I start the verify job after the copy job has finished, the
verify job will always select the backup job for verification, not the copy job
(although the copy job is the more recent one).

Is there a limitation in the code that copy jobs cannot be selected by job name
(for verification)?

Having said that: Manually I may successfully select the copy job by job number
for verification and the verification completes successfully. however, this
does not lend itself readily for automation. I also tried to use the SQLquery
selection type of migration/copy jobs to select the copy jobs, but the SQLquery
selection type seems to be ignored by verify jobs.

Is anyone doing this, and if so, how?

Best,
 j/c