1. Use Client to Director connectivity.

2. Set a normal schedule for the backup job but additionally set Run On Incoming Connect Interval for the client.

Works like a charm.

On 12.04.2023 04:43, Christian Tardif wrote:
Hi all,

tried to find out...  how can I have windows laptop that only appear on the local network from time to time backed up?  Is there a feature I can set on the director's config (or on the filedaemon of the laptops, who knows) to wake up the backup procedure when such laptop becomes visible?

Thanks.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bareos-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bareos-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bareos-users/b68d4c73-57cd-45c1-9811-bbb595282d68n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bareos-users/b68d4c73-57cd-45c1-9811-bbb595282d68n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.