Hello Stephan,

thanks for your detailed answer.

It seems the VMs created with the Terraform vSphere provider always include
this VirtualSerialPort, others created manually do not.

As far as I can see, the plugin's code is "merely" glue code to pyVmomi
when restoring, right ? Fixing this would only need to add the correct
processing code for this particular device type ?

If there's no work in progress on this, I'll try to propose a patch/PR.

BR,

Arnaud Willem