  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = bareos-fd
  Schedule = "DailyFullCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = DailyFullCyclePool
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bareos/%c.bsr"
  Full Backup Pool = DailyFullCyclePool                 # write Full
Backups into "Full-Pool" Pool
  Differential Backup Pool = Differential  # write Diff Backups into
"Differential" Pool
  Incremental Backup Pool = Incremental    # write Incr Backups into
"Incremental" Pool
}

Pool {
  Name = *Daily*
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 7 days
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 100
  Label Format = Daily-
  Maximum Volumes = *7*
}

*Pool {  Name = Weekly  Pool Type = Backup  Recycle = yes  AutoPrune = yes
Volume Retention = 31 days  Maximum Volume Jobs = 100  Label Format =
Weekly-  Maximum Volumes = 5}*

*Pool {*

*  Name = Monthly  Pool Type = Backup  Recycle = yes  AutoPrune = yes
Volume Retention = 181 days  Maximum Volume Jobs = 100  Label Format =
Monthly-  Maximum Volumes = 6}*

*Schedule {*
*  Name = CustomCycle*
*  Run = Level=Full **Pool=**Daily **1st sun at 22:00*
*  Run = Level=Full **Pool=**Weekly* *2nd-5th sun at 22:00*
*  Run = Level=Full Pool=**Monthly mon-sat at 22:00*
*}*

I hope you are able to see the bold text, but basically you create 3 pools
and a custom schedule that will take care of writting to the specific pool
you need. I have no tested this configuration so it is at your discretion.

Good luck.

On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 2:43:20 PM UTC+1 Yariv Hazan wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> To simplify (for me L ) please look on the daily only.
>
> Per configuration below I do 6 backups for a week.
>
> My retention is on the pool level (Volume Retention = 7 days) right? On
> what level it should be? Or how I should define it in the pool level that
> I’m not doing correctly now?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yariv
>

> On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:46:16 PM UTC+2 Miguel Santos wrote:
>
>> You need 3 different pools to do this.
>>
>> One that keeps your:
>> - 6 daily backups for a week
>> - 4 weekly backups for a month
>> - 6 monthly backups for 6 months.
>>
>> From there you can decide to either:
>> * create different jobs to write to different pools (simpler)
>> * make a migration/copy of the data to the pool (a bit more complicated)
>>
>> It will not work with your current configuration because the retention
>> works at the pool level.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 11:25 AM Yariv Hazan <yar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> My retention is pretty simple(?) I have only full backups and I need to
>>> keep backups for
>>> Last 6 daily backups for a week
>>> Last 4 weekly backups for a month
>>> Last 6 monthly backups for 6 months.
>>>
>>> But:
>>> 1. All backups are kept for much longer without being pruned.