Found out the string length (69) and model 354. Martin Shepherd wrote this
in an email to me, and I'm sure he won't mind me sharing the info:

>>>I have very little information on the original instrument because it (and
its
friend) are hidden away in a Bohemian castle instead of in the main museum
in Prague.  When I went there about three years ago I was informed that the
musical instrument collection was in storage, presumably awaiting transfer
to the castle.  If I remember correctly the meagre information I have been
able to glean, in its present state it is a 13c lute with a string length of
67.3cm.  (I have a drawing of the body, but no data on the neck and pegbox).
When I made your lute I discovered that the string length had to be longer
to get the "normal"
proportions of an 11c lute, that is where the neck/body join is close to
where the tenth fret would be, allowing the ninth fret to be tied without
too much difficulty (the angle of the neck/body joint is such that if the
fret comes too close to the body it has to be tied on at a crazy angle and
anchored by notches in the edge of the fingerboard).<<<

Maler originals were often used in the 17th century for 11c instruments. The
shape and sound were very much in fashion. Yet there are very few luthiers
who use Malers today, preferring instead the beautiful Warwick Frei. We did
consider the Frei, but settled on the Maler as a sort of experiment. There
will no veneer and only nine ribs. For the French repertoire, volume is of
less interest to me than resonance. As ever, one can only wait and see what
the result will be. Very much looking forward to it.

Rob

www.rmguitar.info