VERY interesting. Are your basses single strung and if not, what did you use
for the octaves? I have avoided Swan Necks for the sustain issue but this could
be a good solution that also boosts volume. I really do enjoy the sound of the
gut basses on my archlute and they seem to balance OK with the nylgut on the
upper courses.

DS