Dear Martin and All,

I must plead guilty to contributing to the confusion by starting the thread on the main Lute List, but I felt that the issues of playing near the bridge/thumb out/gut stringing were of revelance to both lists and there was a danger that it might lurk in the Baroque List unseen by anyone else. Martin E raises an interesting point - how many people are there who subscribe to the Baroque list and not the main Lute list? If the answer is very few, there could be an argument for amalgamation.

Best to All,

Martin (S)

Martin Eastwell wrote:

Dear All

At the moment, the discussion "Re: RH on the bridge" is split across the
main lute list and the baroque lute list. This happens all the time, and is
very confusing for most of us! Would we not be better off with a single
list?

As so often happens, the topic we are discussing strays from pre Dowland to
the 18th Century. When does Baroque begin anyway?! Medieval is easier-we all
know that the Middle Ages stopped when lutenists gave up the plectrum!

An alternative would be for the little bit of information on subscribing
added to the end of each message, to also contain guidelines on posting to
the correct list.

Best wishes

Martin