Strange booklet notes:

''...like everyone else, I use strings which do not sound as they should.
They produce a sound that is admittedly compelling and powerful, but to my
ears too flashy, indeed vulgar, and which hinders the transmission of the
discourse.''

So why do it? - might seem like the obvious question. I guess, like me,
Pascal prefers gut, but is not satisfied with the current state of gut
strings. I think string makers have cracked the manufacture of trebles and
mid-range. Still not convinced about those basses. I hope Mimmo's new
strings will change our minds. I look forward to trying them someday. Keep
up the good work, Mimmo and Dan and whoever else is experimenting.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Pascal's strings sound vulgar, and I wouldn't
record if that were the case. And I certainly wouldn't rubbish my own sound
in my own booklet notes. Ah, the French are different...eh, Anthony?

I saw Pascal in Glasgow once, and he was brilliant. No vulgarity anywhere.

Rob