C.P.E. Bach wrote that in the appogiatura, the dissonance should be held AT LEAST half the value of the written note. Most preformers cheat on this, making these "graces" sound more like annoying speach impediments. Even more annoying, I also hear single comas played as trills. We all need to listen to good keyboard interpretations of music from our time period and geographical region of choice. There are a lot of good keyboard players. Not so many lutenists.

So many players interpret the comma ornament as an appogiatura in a measured way. If this is correct, why didn't the composer just write a note?

Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www9.plala.or.jp/edurbrow/