From: Arthur Ness [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 2:01 PM
To: Peter Király; baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Lobkowicz tablatures

Hello Peter,

I posted this a while back. With a link to a recent article on Prince
Lobkowitz.  As far as I know, it is public knowledge that all the
Lobkowitz books (65,000 volumes) and other property (art work,
weapons, musical
instruments, etc.) were returned to the family during
the Velvet Revolution.  The manuscripts are in a special warehouse and
as far as I know the call numbers are the same.  The warehouse is
outside Prague.  The call numbers seem
to have been the original ones used when the manuscripts were in
Roudnice (Raudnitz).  See Wolf, Handbuch, II,. 105.

I find it amusing how this Boston real estate broker woke up one
morning to discover he owned and was responsible for the upkeep of a
dozen crumbling castles in Bohemia.<g>  And some Breugals, Canalettos
and so forth (see the slide show with that article--click on the lower
right corner).

Best regards, Arthur.
=====AJN (Boston, Mass.)=====