>> I've always wondered, to what does the title "Les Baricades
>> Mysterieueses" refer?
>> --ajn

Apparently, it could be a "précieux" reference to a lady's eye-
lashes. Miguel Serdourq's text, says the following: ", Miguel
Serdoura has adopted a fairly slow tempo, in order to bring out the
“mystery” of this piece, whose title may well evoke, in the “langage
précieux”, “the fluttering eye-lashes of a lady ” — the eye-lashes,
those “baricades“ which protect the mysteries of the soul, while
hiding the “treacherous mirrors” that are the eyes.
Perhaps, the eye-lashes of "la belle homicide" , who strikes with a
flutter of her eyes, at least it could be in this area of indirect
precieux reference to  la femme fatale.

Best wishes

Anthony