I played them with Paul Beier at the Ist Weiss Festival in Wroclaw (Breslau) in 2001 and later with other people in a less formal situations and I must say, the parts have - specially the second lute part - some less succesfull or idiomatic bits, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "poorly intabulated". Of course every intabulation or arrangemet best fits the intabulator or arranger. I'd love to see the original, but even withou it, one can always make slight corrections which better comes under one's fingers, the more that the music is not very complicated in structure. It has interesting interplay between high and low voices, echo efects, but demands agility in ornamentation. Good as a duet, quite different to the French contreparie style, …

________

On 2009-04-06, at 23:09, Mathias Rösel wrote:

Stephen Stubbs and Paul O'Dette performed some of these duets at Boston Early Music Fest. There are some indications of other instruments in the tablatures, which might suggest that they were intabulated from a score.
I seem to remember that Stephen said he had to rewrite some parts as
they were poorly intabulated.

Mathias

"Jerzy Zak" <jurek...@gmail.com> schrieb:
Dear All,

Many years ago I've heared (from a "third hand") that Arthur Ness
found a trace (or an actual source!) of a Lute Concerto by Telemann.
How's about that, Arthur, if I may ask?

Regards,
Jurek

www.jerzyzak.eu/EN