On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Arto Wikla<wi...@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> that transcribing it to other medium would not make justice to the piece.

Thanks everybody for all the help.

I've told my theorbo-only friend to make his own arrangement, or buy a
baroque lute. Slightly off-topic, I must say I have very fond memories
of the piece from my guitar days; I had what felt to me like a good
arrangement.

Not so off-topic:
Some barqoue music is found in versions for baroque lute and theorbo
(notably music by De Visée). Are there period theorbo
transcriptions/arrangements of German baroqule lute music?

David - curious