Sorry, David, for the sentence that I didn't conclude. I wanted to look up a word in the dictionary and then I forgot to finish it.

But now here is, what I wanted to write first:

It is very unusual for me, if I want to follow the playing of someone who plays left-handed. I don't know, what's the problem is, but possibly the only reason is, that some things you are used to seem to be normal.

A real shock was my first visit of a friend who owns many lutes.
When I wanted to try them - that was a real disaster.
He also plays left-handed ... ;-)

Best regards
Markus

David, nice to hear you play baroque lute, although I must say that it
really means

Weichenberger is really fine music and a little bit underestimated.
But as far as I know we cannot be wholly sure, that these pieces are by
Weichenberger, because there is only a "W" at the end of every piece.
BTW - I don't think these pieces ar by Weiss.

The source for the pieces, you uploaded, is PRAHA, Státní archív (CZ-Pa)
Ms. RPI 504, cf.
http://mss.slweiss.de/index.php?id=2&type=ms&ms=CZ-PaRPI504&lang=eng

and not PRAHA, Národní knihovna CSR - Universitní knihovna (CZ-Pu) Ms.
II.Lb.27, which consist of fine music also, but for sure not by
Weichenberger, but possibly by Eckstein - if A.V.E means A[nton] V[?]
E[ckstein] at all.

Best regards
Markus

David van Ooijen schrieb:
Like Arto, I have fallen for an 11-course.
Mine is made by Richard Berg, after Burckholtzer/Edlinger.
It's 68cm and strung, naturally, all-gut with Gamut Pistoys on the basses.
Last Wednesday I had my first concert, all music by Weichenberger, and
here are the clips I made yesterday:

Chaconne in a-moll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiQSWBxUSAg

Allemande in d-moll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsGDtKGXHsg

Courante in d-moll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oaC8Rc6Rm4

Sarabande in d-moll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQfBIt-AkI

David - still a lot to learn, but not bad for a beginner. ;-)

--

Markus Lutz
Schulstraße 11

88422 Bad Buchau