The dates of this composer are generally given as 1616 - 1710 which
   seems a phenomenal life span for the time and even more so when his
   extant lute works seem to be in the style of the early decades of the
   18th century (even down to fashionable
   doubling of the top and bottom line by strings) which would have made
   him well into his 90s when these works were composed....... His
   compositional style also seems much closer to Austro-germanic composers
   like Logy, von Radolt, Hintherleithner et al who flourished around the
   turn of the century being predominantly in a polarised treble and bass
   manner.

   I can find little about this shadowy figure but am being drawn to the
   speculation that there may have been two different composers  with the
   same name (father and son/nephew perhaps). Can anybody shed further
   light?  Perhaps I've missed a paper?

   One clue ought to be the names of pieces such as 'La Prise de
   Barcellonne', which might suggest a date of 1705 or 1714 but could be
   some earlier investment, or 'Le defaittes des Francois par les Allemand
   Devant Turin' which suggests 1703. Again I find it hard to believe that
   the same San Luc was composing such 'modern' programmatic music at such
   a ripe old age.

   MH