     From: Mathias RAP:sel <mathias.roe...@t-online.de>
     Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: La belle / O stelle homicide
     Date: Wednesday, 24 August, 2011, 11:18

   Est-ce l'ordonance des Cieux (Moulinie, book 4, 1633, fol. 9v-10) was
   covered by Albert in his Arien, vol. 3, 1640, #15 (So ist es denn des
   Himmels Will). Albert's friend Andreas Adersbach, member of the
   KAP:nigsberg
   Poetic Society, metamorphosed the two French stanzas of Moulinie's book
   into
   three German stanzas, adding a Latin headline that reads Nil vincula
   solvit
   Amoris (Nothing bursts the bonds of Love). The German lyrics are way
   more
   drastic than the French, btw. Well, us swashbuckling Germans ...
   Moulinie offers the voice part in staff notation and the lute part in
   tablature (an 8c lute willdo for this one). He had his lute tuned in A,
   obviously (a'-e'-b-g-d-A). Albert offers both voice and bass parts in
   staff
   notation. He takes over Moulinie's bass literally, yet the bass only,
   not
   the whole lute part, and renders it as single-line figured bass.
   Mathias
   > -----UrsprA 1/4ngliche Nachricht-----

   Gaultier's
   employer,
   > was banned and Gaultier retired. So, Moulinie and Gaultier possibly
   met on
   > grounds of profession.
   >
   > Airs de court is another topic in this respect. O stelle homicide has
   Italian lyrics,
   > whereas La belle homicide is explained as a French subject in the
   RhA(c)torique.
   > Now, Moulinie's 1624 book of airs de court contains airs of French,
   Italian,
   > Spanish language, and even one air in the dialect of Gascogne (if I
   got it
   right).