Or a quick and dirty account here:
   [1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_pitch#Pre-19th_century
   Bill
   From: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
   To: Baroque Lute List (E-mail) <baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Wednesday, 30 November 2011, 19:41
   Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Compilation of historical pitches?
   On Nov 30, 2011, at 10:22 AM, [2]theoj89...@aol.com wrote:
   > From extant organ pipes and wind instruments and knowledge of their
   date and origin, I assume that one can roughly determine what pitches
   (e.g. A=392, 410, 415, etc) were used in different regions at different
   times. My non-musicologist's mind would also guess that maybe some
   musicologist has compiled this data? Is there a source that might help
   determine what pitch was used in during the renaissance and baroque
   periods in different regions of europe? Or is it not this easy?
   A very impressive, fact-loaded survey of the subject, complete with
   charts:
   Bruce Haynes (1942-2011): History of Performing Pitch: The Story of "A"
   (Scarecrow Press 2002) ISBN  0810841851