Dear baroque musicians,

just a thought, no "tubings"! ;-)

Those unmeasured preludes of French baroque are interesting, demanding, crazy and wonderful. You have to put your fingers so many times to the strings to get any idea, what really is there. It is somehow like trying to solve a puzzle or break the code of the enigma. Perhaps also like solving a crossword or sudoku (I like crosswords and never touch sudoku's).

I have not always managed to solve the problem and have still kind of "performed" the piece... Kind of aleatoric music then...

Anyhow, now I try to get into the music of Mouton. To me his music seems to be even more difficult than many other French composers, also technically, not only as music.

So, no message here, no question, just flow of thinking... :)

Best,

Arto