     From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
     Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: JF Daube
     To: baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu, "Bernhard Fischer"
     <fischer...@aon.at>
     Date: Monday, April 2, 2012, 6:19 AM

      Re works by J F Daube, as well as the lute works, there is at least
   one
      piece by him which includes mandora: a sonata for violin and mandora
      from his  'Musical Dilettante: A Treatise on Composition (Vienna,
   1773
      )'.  This work was aimed at amateurs and especially aristocratic
      dilettantes wishing to compose instrumental chamber music - it is
      overshadowed by his earlier better known treatise on Thorough-Bass
   in
      Three Chords(!) of 1756.   I don't have a copy of the original book
   but
      have a modern copy of the relevant piece in staff notation in Dr
      Klima's hand. There is a modern edition of Musical Dilettante (in
      English) by CUL (2006).
      regards
      Martyn