To: "Roman Turovsky" <r.turov...@verizon.net>
Cc: <ro...@rolfhamre.com>; <l...@cs.dartmouth.edu>; <baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:23 AM
Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Minkoff contact

All,

Robin's findings are correct. While the item is in the PD, the edited, cleaned up images (which is what Minkoff provides) are not and require permission (even in the US) from the claimant, who may or may not be Minkoff. If one has access to a microfilm of a PD manuscript from a library, then no permission is required. The latter is indeed in the PD. Nevertheless, it is always polite for scholars to ask for permission and acknowledge the library with the original.

Jorge Torres