Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Stephan Olbertz
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012 09:00
An: baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Rare Weiss engraving for sale

I own a copy of the well-known engraving of Silvius Leopold Weiss (with
the subtitle "Es soll nur Silvius die Laute spielen"). It's engraved 1765
by Folin after a painting by Denner and measures ca. 10 x 15 cm. You all
have seen it more than once, as it is the only surviving picture of Weiss.
I don't know how many copies survived, but it can't be much.
The copy is in a very good condition, except what seems to be the traces
of some small sparks.
This is definitely a rare and beautiful piece of lute history.
I'm looking forward to your offers, If you are interested, please contact
me off-list.

--
Viele Grüße
Best regards