Dear lutenists,

I already decided to come back to the Continental lute repertoire, but couldn't yet... ;)

In many years I tried to understand the Scottish lute music, but could not - it just looked like some aleatoric computer generated random stuff. But for some reason or another I happened to take another look to the Balcarres ms. about 1.5 moths ago, and I was hooked... I suppose and accept that my playing probably is not acceptable at all by the really hard core Scottish musicians, but anyhow to me this has been very interesting and happy journey to the Scottish mentality - which by the way doesn't seem to be so very far off from the Finnish type of melancholy...

Today I tried the Tarphicken, mr. Beck's way:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7q4N6lVOAM&feature=youtu.be
    http://vimeo.com/51302185

Best,

Arto