Beautiful!

Thank you Bernhard!

Arto

PS What is Peter Steur's code for this ms.?
PS2 Can the pdf be found somewhere?

On 24/10/12 11:49, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
    Dear lute friends,

    The Austrian National Library owns a baroque lute manuscript
    hand-written by the composer Johann Gotthard Peyer. From 1672 to 1678
    Johann Gotthard Peyer was chaplain of the Imperial Court's orchestra in
    Vienna/Austria. According to records his annual salary was 200 Gulden.

    His baroque lute tabulature is attributed to Leopold I (1640 - 1705),
    Holy Roman Emperor, King of Hungary and King of Bohemia as we can read
    from the title page in Latin language "Lesus testudine tenoris gallici
    teutonico laboretextus. Quem: Augustissimo ac Inuictissimo Romanorum
    Imperatori Leopoldo :I: Hungariae Boehmiaeque Regi, Archidci Austrae
    ec.ec. Apillini ac Domino suo Clementissimo. In submississimae
    Deuotiotionis argumentum. Concinnauit ac humillime dedicauit Infumus
    Vasalus. Joannes Gotthardus Peyer: SS: Thlgae sac: Canonumque
    candidatus Presbyter".

    From this inscription it is clear that Peyer presented his music in
    person to Leopold I.

    As good as possible in my study room I recorded first time the
    Allemande, the Sarabande and the Caprize in d-minor from the
    manuscript.

    Combined video: [1]http://youtu.be/UvPcoPCuObg

    Single video Allemande: [2]http://youtu.be/5jc-2l_-tFs

    Single video Sarabande: [3]http://youtu.be/WaRSIq14pso

    Single video Caprize: [4]http://youtu.be/CtnrCEmJ5Tg

    I appreciate your comments, critics and suggestions.

    Bernhard

    Dilettante de la musique pour le luth

    Tel.:  +43-664-1432919

    Fax.: +43-1-25330337795