Nice version Roman!

Here is my "original" version made in in the style of the ms. Balcarres' pieces that do not use the in those days modern "functional harmonies" but some kind of "post pentatonic" style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8f_S67dEGI&feature=youtu.be
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/NiinKauanMinaTramppaan.JPG

The text is quite "macho".

1st verse says something like this (in dialect):
"Iwalk the paths of this village as long as the soles of my shoes last.
I make love to anyone I wish, and the hags cannot stop that. "

The second verse says something like this: How good a horse I have, and how beautiful cart I have. And I guide it by myself. And when you love a person, who is peer to you, you need not be too elegant.

All the best,

Arto